[Flower t-shirt 2019] Mimilife Bird Flower Love t-shirt

[Flower t-shirt 2019] Mimilife Bird Flower Love t-shirt
Front
Months after my grandmother died, in late summer of 1957, my mother took us from our home. To this day I do not know why. She would get angry with me whenever, as a child, I asked (and oh, I asked countless times) and as an adult, she would brush it off with comments like, “That was a long time ago, Theresa,” or “Stop bothering me with ancient history.”

I tried to be mindful of her feelings for a while, but when I was in my late 40’s I demanded to know and sent her a letter with a dozen “options” to choose from. My thinking was that surely at this stage of both of our lives, whatever her reasons we both could get past them. My letter was meant to be a way out for her so as not to have to confront me face to face. I listed all the reasons I could think of. All she had to do was check the appropriate box. She returned it unanswered with a red scribble that said, “Leave me alone.”


[Flower t-shirt 2019] Mimilife Bird Flower Love t-shirt
Front
After she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I asked one more time. She only shook her head and said, “Get over it.” I never saw my family again. Shortly after we left Thurmont, in February of 1958, my grandfather died. The obituary says it was after a brief illness. He was 60. One month later at age 34, my father died. That obituary says he died, “after a week in the hospital.” My mother said id was a heart attack. I cannot imagine how ravaged his heart must have been; a crash site for sorrow with the loss of his entire family in less than 14 months. Science now says that you really can die from a broken heart. I have always known this. I am fortunate that I learned how to toughen mine up or I would not be here.Hompage to visit: https://ethershirt.hatenablog.com/

Nhận xét